Friday, June 18, 2010

Sweet Sixteen!

I had a lot of memories this week as I thought back to the birth of my first baby. I know it's cliche but seriously, how could she be 16?? I remember laying in the hospital in Pasadena (while labor was being induced of course since my babies never decided to come on their own!) watching TV & seeing OJ drive his white bronco down the freeway, haha...and also watching an NBA playoff game. She finally made it here about 9pm that night. I had a few complications after the delivery, so Wayne got to hold her and I will never forget the look of pure love on his face. Cheesy and sappy I know, but it was a sweet moment that I won't forget and we sure love this girl!

I'm not usually a fan of kid bragging but since 16 is a big one, I have an excuse, right? Brynn's name in Welsh means "the heights" and although she may not be tall in stature, her personality has always been extraordinary--a natural leader and someone who sets high goals and will continue to soar to great heights throughout her life.

Congratulations Brynn! We hope it was a special day for you! More celebrating to come....


Last week was her school dance recital and this "Bollywood" number was a huge hit! So colorful and fun to watch. The costumes were amazing.

Her friends "flamingo'd" our yard. Another friend decorated her room while she was out and she got lots of flowers and goodies. Thanks to all her fun friends and leaders for making it a special day.



2 comments:

becky comstock said...

She is so cute! It was fun to talk to you today. Sorry I had to hang up. I will try you again later!

Laura said...

Sounds like a perfect sweet 16! (Seriously, are you sure you two are old enough to have a 16-year-old?)