Sunday, April 12, 2009

Black Friday


It finally arrived. It was known to all of you as "Good Friday" but it was labeled "Black Friday" on my calendar. Yes, that's right, I'm in the 40 club now.

Usually on our birthdays, Cassie puts a sign on our bedroom door with our age in huge numbers (not always appreciated ;o)
but this year she went easy on me. The kids hung up kind sayings and brought me breakfast in bed and wonderful gifts and coupons. Mom and Dad got the family together earlier in the week and treated us to Mexican food and the most delicious chocolate cake! Wayne treated me to a fun day in LA at the Getty Museum. It wasn't so bad after all and I survived! I've heard 40 is the new 20 anyway ;o)

The picture is blurry, but this card from Ethan was really creative. It's in the shape of a birthday cake and even has a candle coming out the top.


Nice reminder from Brynn...


Cassie's sign included a few of my favorite things.....
chocolate, sunshine, music, Arizona, the color green, Sting, reading, tennis, etc.




6 comments:

Conni said...

Happy Birthday Erin! Sounds like you were treated to a great celebration!

Kim said...

Cute! Happy birthday. 40 is totally the new 20! Which is sweet because then I'm in my teens and Seth is not even there yet! I'm glad you had fun!

Chrissy said...

Ok, I love the Clarke family!

Brynn said...

Happy Birthday again mom :) love you!

Cati said...

That's just how I would like my 40th birthday to be! A bit delayed, but Happy Birthday Erin!

Gentry Fam said...

Happy Birthday Erin! Your girls are so sweet to you! How great are they! And by the way, you look great for 20!